Hey peeps! Gosh dang I haven’t posted in a while, I really want to change that. School has been holding me back from posting for quite some time. I usually have homework or a project every week. But hey! it’s thanksgiving break! so I managed to at least post this.
I am so freaking excited for Christmas! lol I made sure to take a picture of this recipe in front of my Christmas tree. We actually set our tree up weeks ago, which is pretty ridiculous 😀
OK! Now on to the recipe!
½ cup rolled oats
2/3 – ¾ cup almond milk
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 ripe bananas, 1 mashed, the other cut into round slices
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup chopped nuts (I used cashews)
2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter (I make my own by throwing a few cups of unsalted peanuts in the food processor for 5 min or so)
- Combine rolled oats, chia seeds, mashed banana, almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Mix for a few minutes, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- In a large cup spoon in about a ¼ cup of the oat mixture, add a few banana slices on top, spread ½ Tbp of peanut butter on the banana slices, and then sprinkle about a tablespoon of crushed nuts on top.
- Repeat step 3 until you run out of all ingredients.
- Cover cup with saran wrap or a lid and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Take out of fridge and enjoy!