Ok, I would like to start this post off by saying that I am addicted to this oatmeal. Like it’s really an issue. I’ve made this stuff 3 days in a row! and for the first two days I ate the whole thing within a few hours or I ate the whole thing in one whole sitting. Today I maintained self control though, only ate half this time 😀 saved the last half for tomorrow’s breakfast 🙂
This baked oatmeal is quickly turning into one of my favorite meals. Mostly because it’s super nummy and really easy to make. I love easy recipes because, let’s be honest, i’m pretty lazy 😀
NOW ON TO THE RECIPE! I really hope you try it out and enjoy it! 😀
Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
1 cup oats
1 cup almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 large ripe bananas
½ cup dates
1tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
Peanut butter (as much as you would like)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place oats, cinnamon, flax, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and ¾ cup of almond milk in a mixing bowl.
- Blend dates and ¼ cup of the almond milk in a blender until smooth.
- Pour date mixture into the mixing bowl with other ingredients.
- Mash one banana with a fork and add to the mixing bowl, mixing until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into a 5×9 loaf baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35-40 min in oven, until top is firm.
- Once cool, take out of the baking dish by holding the parchment paper, and then cut on a flat surface.
- Cut up other banana into thin slices and stack on top of your oatmeal slice.
- Pipe peanut butter on it using a piping bag with a small piping tip or you could additionally use a small Ziploc bag and cut one tip off of it.