These lemon donuts remind me of the lemon poppy seed muffins my mom made when I was younger 🙂 lol I didn’t have poppy seeds tho, so I used chia seeds 😀 later, I might make a glaze to go on top of these, stay tuned!
yields 16-20 mini donuts
1 cup dates
1/2 cup plant milk + another 1/2 cup
juice of one small lemon
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 tsp organic lemon extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
- in high speed blender, mix dates, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup plant milk until creamy.
- then, in mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- mix in the date paste, other 1/2 cup of plant milk, and the lemon extract into the dry mixture until fully combined and clump free.
- grease a mini donut pan (if not using non-stick) and fill every mold full, flattening the tops.
- bake at 350F for 15 minutes
- let them cool and then enjoy!